Tuesday, March 30, 2010

"books by Elaine Aron"

Today I had a rather intense lunch "date" with a woman acquaintance. She asked me why I"m so sensitive. I told her that I have "multiple chemical sensitivities" and "do you know about Elaine Aron's books?

Elaine Aron wrote "The Highly Sensitive Person" shortly after she wrote that it simply jumped off the shelf at me (since I"m so sensitive)

But, she also has a new book "The Highly Sensitive Person in Love" We are born with different levels of sensitivity in our nervous systems. A 1995 study determined that 50% of the risk of divorce is gene based.

I pick up all sorts of stuff in my environment which my lunch dates never notice. It's a bummer when you feel you can't ever mention those things, but I never do.

Today in the restaurant I was very bothered by the worker who was sweeping the floor in my vision. But you know I just think that's completely inappropriate but places like panera do it all the time when the rest. is open. There were 2 or 3 patrons thruout our meal whose loud voices I found piercing and I found it hard to concentrate on what my date was saying. Our waitress interrupted us about 15 times (which hurt her tip) and then the woman at the next booth was listening in on our conversation!

A little boy at the other booth told his grandparents that when you pray you have to thank God for your safety.

Anywho, I know that my lunch date did not notice any of those things! Perhaps this is one of the reasons why Aron's research says that H.S.P's in love should partner with other H.S.P.s because you understand each other.

On her website, she gives a test. Are YOU a HSP? 20% of the population is. By the way, today was the first day in almost a year that the rest. was not too cold for me! (another sensitivity thing I'm sure my date didn't notice)

No comments: