Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"Fibromyalgia and More"

I'm elated to have just discovered online support groups. I knew they existed, but I never really knew where they were. No doubt that face to face and phone is best, but internet is a tool.

Internet can be your reward or your downfall. You can use it as a tool to become even more socially connected, or you can hide behind the computer screen and possibly lie about your identity etc. and never really come and meet folks face to face.

Each a.m. I awaken with the following symptoms depending on the day

-excruciating pain running all thru my arms and hands

or

" "pain in my hips and legs

a headache

or just general body wide pain

-some days I'm too weak to do anything at all

I usually feel like I need more sleep no matter whether that's true or not. Because we don't get the deep sleep. (stage 4 I think that's called)

Today, I fell twice in the morning. Both times I used furniture to break my fall. "I've fallen and I can't get up" everybody laughed about the ads when they first came out. My neighbor falls a couple of times a week, and yells into her life alert machine. The ambo. comes out and helps her get up. I feel she shouldn't be living alone and I wonder why her family let her live alone. This last time she broke her wrist.

I don't know why I"m falling. I guess it's a neurological thing. Maybe they'll find that it's related to the difficulty remaining conscious that I had daily from 3/1/ thru 3/5 when I was in the hospital. I've believed for years that hospitals are likely to just make you sicker.

Hopefully something useful will turn up when I get the e.e.g. results. I don't think I should be living alone either.

My friend had a stay in a psych ward for a few weeks over the winter and caught a superbug which nearly killed her. Point made about hospitals.

No comments: