Tuesday, March 30, 2010

"It's the end of the world as we know it!"

I didn't know what to title today's piece. I considered "rude ass society" or "customer dis-service" as that would be appropriate too!

I think of all of the places I see little to no signs of human life.  I rarely ever see a human soul on the grounds of my complex or in the laundry room. When   I go to the local cafe  I'm often the only customer.

 Prior to owning a car, I was the only one out walking or at the bus stop.

Last movie I went to I was the only viewer, except for a couple that  walked in at the last minute.

Yesterday, I was in the office section of the Rotunda. I needed pen and paper. Walked into a ped. office. There was a t.v., a wait room, NO  patients, and 3 seats for the receptionists, but no receptionists can be found!

So, I walked out, and went to another dr. office. What do I need the pen and paper for?, one employee asked! 

. (I need a reason?, clearance?) "Are you trying to leave a message for one of our doctors?" "How big should the paper be?" I told her I was going to another office on the floor. She looked at me like I had 3 heads. How dare I ask for a favor!

My doctor. had to bump me by one hour, so I had to call over to the veggie restaurant and ask the manager to find my friend and tell him I'd be late.

I ask for the manager.

"Well, who is this?" "Is this that non-profit?"

No, I'm not a non profit, may I speak to the manager? 

"Well, what is it that you want? Are you Jane Doe?"

E-"Well, if you stop talking and find me a manager I will tell them what I need"

"Well, I'm the manager" he finally admitted.

I asked him if he could get the message to M. but I doubted he would do it.

I go to Giant and I buy a small box of envelopes, the cheap ones. Only 50 envelopes. I get to check out and she rings up the wrong price.

I tell her that's not the right price.

"What did you say the right price is?" she asked me

E-"I don't know but that's the wrong price" She walks back to the envelope aisle and studies the tag for at least 5 minutes. comes back tells me something or other then goes to customer service and they have a 3 employee" conference" trying to figure out the amount that should have been charged.

The one guy comes over with her and he has another product in addition to the envelopes. "Which of these products do you want?"

"I want the one I chose"

"But that's 4 dollars" he insisted.

I give up and take the envelopes.

I need gas- and here's another piece of the apocalyptic picture. I try 5 different gas stations before I find one that is in business with the pumps all working. Some stations say "no gas"

some stations have no price written on the sign at all!

Some places look open, yet I see no employees.

Most have the bags over the pumps indicating they are out of business.

All of these stations are right around Reisterstown Road Plaza.

My life feels very apocalyptic.

No comments: