Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Life at "Twisted Pines"

In a 6 week period there were approximately 20 entries into my home of an uninvited guest. But there was never a broken lock. The person was coming in with a key. I've never given a key to anybody, no one at all.

On 3/12 I changed the lock. Within 24 hours it appears it was picked and someone tried to get in here. My new key doesn't want to work in the brand new lock, which is typical of a lock that has been picked.

I no longer make police reports because they don't believe me.

On 3/13 someone was in my home while I was out during the day. On the morning of 3/15, I woke up to see that the lock was unlocked, but no one had actually entered while I was sleeping. (I can tell)

If money were no object I would just buy a small house somewhere and rent out a room. But money is an object. And I receive an attractive federal subsidy. To just move would risk that subsidy unless I moved but continued to pay my rent.

I did sleep last night.

When the maint. man came in to do his scheduled annual filter change, I saw something in the kitchen that was moved into a different location then where I had it when I left the house.

There are many many more details which would keep you so riveted you would probably never bother again for the rest of your life, with a fictional murder mystery or anything of the sort. All you would need would be my true life to keep you totally and completely absorbed, forever.

But, I cannot put all details out here. Luckily, I do still write under my pen name, and it's nice to not have to be so darn careful about what I say. I can relax, ya know?

There are 4 legal issues that are keeping me so busy it's like a full time job. The only mental, physical rest I get is if I'm lucky enough to sleep. Last night thank goodness I slept thru the night. The 2 nights prior to that I was up all night.

Had my first hike at the park today in 14 weeks. I really need a climate where I can exercise outdoors year round. I've gained 18 lbs. in 9 months. 2lbs a month. I doubt that would have happened if I lived in a clime where I could keep exercising. I've been in physical therapy for 6 weeks. That's not much of a calorie burner but it's been thoroughly enjoyable. The practice won "best of carroll county" and the doctor and his support team deserve it. This is a 4 star place.

I did p.t. one other time (this time is voluntary, last time wasn't) in 7/08. I was "required" to go to p.t. at least a few times after the car accident. They told me that I would get no pay out at all if I don't do p.t. So I did as they said (they didn't tell me how long to go or how much i'd get paid unfortunately) for about a month but did not like it at all. It was out of St. Joseph's hospital. But, apparently, it was decided that I went long enuf to get awarded a small settlement.

That was enuf $ for me to put a down payment on my used Buick. If it weren't for that lucky/unlucky break, I likely still would not be a car owner. If you've been reading me for a while you know that the car accident occured on Friday the 13th! I was in a Enterprise rental.

The night before I was reading a magazine. I made a note of the editor's name in my journal. When I got hit the next day by a truck with failed brakes, my rental car was pushed into the editor's car. Course you are forced to exchange details with the person. I told her that I just wrote her name down in my notebook last night. You could say she made
"quite an impression"

after my car was pushed into her car, her license plate numbers engraved themselves onto my rental car! (or some #'s or name got engraved into my car)

talk about synchronicity

now about the friday the 13th. does elana have good luck or does elana have bad luck when she has an accident on friday the 13th that buys her a car!

No comments: