Sunday, October 14, 2012

"One flew over the cuckoo's nest"

Remember I told you that because i had no shelter i checked myself into the psychiatric hospital?  Most of what I saw in the staff was gross, gross incompetence.  But there were a couple who were wonderful gems.

One nurse made it clear to me that she is sharing her own personal ideology not the view of the center she works at.  She saw me writhing in pain with the fibromyalgia for 3 days straight.  (My airway also shut off twice while I was there)

For as sick as I was the hospital was not equipped and had no knowledge of how to make things bearable for me.

As a result (and the nurse had no idea about my own liberal ideologies) the nurse, witnessing my struggling said:

"When animals suffer we put them down.  But you are stuck with this horrible suffering because we are a society that doesn't believe in euthanasia.  So society wants to eek out every moment of life and it's totally unfair!"

I was thrilled and told her so.  I told her that I am a non card carrying member of the right to die organizations and i share my own views with her in detail...................................

No comments: