Thursday, October 4, 2012

"One flew over the cuckoo's nest/i am technically alive"

So on 9/10; when an employee at "Motel Bed Bug" heard me telling a potential customer about the infestation I was told to leave immediately.  I had 5 hours to get packed up and get out.  I was forced to go to another motel that is run by a rat of a manager and owner who claims she likes to help the poor transition to a better life.  I know from past experience though that she has made lots of peoples lives even worse.

I called up a cab company and explained to the dispatcher my situation in great detail.  How many items I have that I'm disabled and need help and al that.  He assured me all is well.

When "Frank" the cabbie arrived I motioned for him to come to the second floor.  He shook his head no!  I had my stuff moved to the sidewalk.  He screamed up at me "If you think I'm helping you move those items you have another thing coming!"  The guy was scary and this process took a long time.  He kept the meter running AND he charged me a moving fee.  It ended up costing 60 dollars to move 2 shopping carts worth of things a mile and a half away.

When he found out the motel "bed bug" had bed bugs he said "Get your shit out of my van RIGHT NOW!"  A motel 6 employee told him that "they aren't actually bed bugs"  He agreed to take me to "rat inn"

On the way he said "you are so rude expecting this."  I told him that the dispatcher had agreed in advance blah blah.  This is a new cab company and i do plan to tell the manager about his performance.

Readers, I could write 10 pages for every day of my life; so I'll give  a little today and a little later.

In the 11 days i was at "rat inn" the owner praised me for being such a hard worker, then evicted me with no notice and threatened to "donate all of my belongings to a flea market!"

She said "well you'll just have to move to los angelos" today!  What?  This woman is crazy.  I knew in the back of my mind that if I found myself suddenly with no shelter, I would show up at the psychiatric hospital and tell them that "If I have to sleep on the street tonight, I am going to take my life"  After a 3 hour intake where they told me they weren't letting me stay there, they eventually felt like it would be a bad idea to not take me.

So, I slept 12 hours in 2 weeks.  What a book!  You will not believe what hapened there............................

They decided to wait and release me on my pay day, but I am still homeless with no promise of shelter after 10/6 at noon.

There is plenty more to come.

No comments: