Saturday, August 24, 2013

"On the subject of sleep"

I was just beginning to get restorative sleep. Got 3 good nights in a row.  But as i said before the noise level in apts is usually excruciating and this building and its environs are no exception.  I got 2 new tenants in my bldg and the weird thing is even though these are one bedroom apts there are entire families living in them.  My neighbors are awake and screaming and slamming doors all hours of the day and night.  So, like many motels whether i'm in bed or in the chair, i can hear sometimes one to 3 huge bangs per minute where all the furniture vibrates every single time somebody bangs.

So, much to my chagrin, i was up all night for this reason and do not hold any hope that i can have a normal life in this complex or any other on the planet.  (I only know of one soundproofed complex in mountain town but it has no subsidized apts.)

My eyes are very heavy but there is no point in staying at home if it's going to be too noisy to nap or think.

No comments: