Wednesday, August 21, 2013

"Who do u think u are?!"

This is another show that i go out o f my way to watch. Last night was with actor producer, Chris O'Donnell.  So this is a particularly exciting episode for me because the show closes with him in Baltimore and it appears he was allowed to raise the f lag at Fort Mc Henry.

Michael Hait is a genealogist (i think) who works at t he Md. State Archives in Annapolis. Looks very familiar, perhaps i saw him around when i lived in Balto.

The search for his ancestor Mc Neir in the 1812 city directory of Baltimore city!  Good chance I'd find family in the same directory. I looked at the different street names when he was allowed to view the directory.

I believe Mc Neir fought at the Garrison at Fort Mc Henry.

So it appears O'Donnell may be on 695 because he passed the Baltimore/Towson highway sign.

Boy Historian Vince Vaise is very fired up about his job at Fort McHenry and gets much joy out of sharing what he knows about O'Donnell's lineage.

I had forgotten that the National Anthem was written in Baltimore by lawyer, Francis Scott Key based on what he witnessed at McHenry.

No comments: