Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fibromyalgia the invisible

I'm going to talk a little about Fibromyalgia.  In my experience, it can be managed with lots of money.

 but without lots of money one cannot engage in the most helpful therapies like acupuncture, massage, chiropractic.

Sunday I awoke with a migraine and nausea. I went up to the grocery store and looked for something called emetrol, but they don't carry it. It takes away the nausea. They do carry Pepto Bismol but that doesn't work so well with nausea. I had those symptoms thru Monday.

Tuesday, I had violent stomach pain all day. There isn't much point in staying in bed all day or at home especially with no phone service. Today, I'm very very weak, and just kind of taking baby steps. So far all I've been able to accomplish today is to buy 2 items from the grocery store. After that I laid down in the car  for about 1.5 hours. There's no point in pushing yourself. You know your body and you just do what you can do and no more.

I still want to work part time because I want to be productive and use my talents like most everyone else on the planet. And that extra income would potentially allow me to eat healthy all month long, not to mention just generally improve my quality of life.

No comments: