Thursday, September 10, 2009

"outpatient procedure"

I had an outpatient procedure yesterday that was very traumatic. I fully expected that I'd be under local anesthesia but found out that there is NO ANASTHESIA WHATSOEVER! The 2 nurses tried to perform the procedure but I screamed in pain. When they brought in the doc. he was angry that they bothered him. He did not greet me. He asked me what they wanted. He attempted himself and I let out a bloodcurdling scream and then started crying. He snapped that since I"m uncooperative, he is referring me out!"

Well thank god for that! Why did this doctor go into medicine with absolutely no bedside manner? Why this particular specialty which requires alot of patience and compassion! I was in pain for the rest of the day. The only saving grace is that my medicare paid for every penny.

(yes, i'm gonna keep ya guessin' on what the procedure was, but i'll never tell!)

Big lesson learned since I've had this medicare is, it might pay for it, but it isn't necessarly going to buy you professional or compassionate care on the first try! At least I have the luxury of continuing to look for

a combination of professional office staff, professional and compassionate medical care. perhaps i'll study the "best of baltimore" magazine that does a special on medical care each year.........................................................................

No comments: