Tuesday, September 1, 2009

"Nothing works, everything is broken"

There were 2 workshops advertised in the newspaper, both for today. One was a morning workshop put on my the Department of Rehab. Services and the other one was "the emotional side of unemployment"

Both were in the same bldg. When I arrived I was turned away because "You did not pre-register and you are not collecting unemployment" I told them that it is their error, not mine, for running ads for these workshops. I said, "I drove 1/2 hour just to have you turn me away?!" "You should be making more of an effort to accomodate me"

Berc-"The best we can do is call "DORS on the phone and see if they can accomodate you"

I talked to the DORs clerk on the phone and she said, no I can't meet with you today since you don't already have an appt. I told her that I left a message on their voice mail letting them know that I'd be attending."

Then I told BERC that they oughta let me in the afternoon workshop. they sent me to a guy named Mike. Mike said:"I absolutely can't let you in because you are late (Late? I was supposed to be in the a.m. Dors workshop!) Plus, you aren't collecting unemployement.

Elana-"Well, if you aren't going to run honest ads in the carroll county times, then you oughta pull them out all together"

Mike_"Ad? What ad? I don't know if any ad in the newspaper. Show me"

Elana-(NO, why should I help you if you aren't going to help me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'm thinking. Find your own damn ad)

So, I just wrote to the carroll county times to tell them that they should think twice before running these false ads!

No comments: