Friday, September 11, 2009

"When Money DOES buy happiness"

I think if you are a grounded person, money can buy happiness. As long as you don't use it to replace meaningful relationships with people and meaningful work. The reason I believe it buys happiness (it does to some degree in my case) is because it buys you a home in a safe neighborhood, it buys you less worry which in turn improves health and frees you up to play and do things that bring happiness. It buys a way into the social networks you desire. It buys you transportation and a safe car to allow you to socially connect. It buys you massage, health care and healthy food. It buys travel, and it can even buy you a partner/wife or husband.

I always feel happiest when I have a few bucks in my pocket. Again, I'm not suggesting the money to replace the people, spirituality, and work, but to enhance your ability to make healthy choices that in turn enrich your life.

No comments: