Wednesday, September 16, 2009

"Longstanding appointment at the Rotunda"

The Rotunda Mall is in the Hampden section of Baltimore city. It used to be the neatest place. There were about 10 pay phones, a hamburger joint, well one could do virtually anything at the Rotunda.

But I hate going into places that have security guards. They never needed security guards until about 5 years ago.

  When I needed security guard Monday, it took me nearly 15 minutes to find them. There were 2 men in a truck in the parking lot who were casing out women. They honked at me when I was pulling into the lot (they were parked with engine off) just to try to scare me. I honked back and they started laughing. My intuition told me these guys are bad news. When I got out of my car I heard them say "she just got into the Camry"

  I reported them but the female security guard acted as if she'd never remember the description of the car I gave her.

I told my doc. about it and he said "oh yeah, when i was in the mall last week having pizza, I saw a purse snatcher run past me. The mugging took place in the mall in broad daylight"

Then after my appt. I saw Lorraine in a mall hallway (there are 3 stories of offices upstairs) and she said that one of her clients was mugged at knifepoint in the mall lot last week.

Sadly, I will probably stop going to the Rotunda Mall.

No comments: