Thursday, May 10, 2012

"I finally made karaoke night"

I hadn't been in 2 months.  Even though it's free, I can't go unless I have cab fare home.  There were some good parts and some real heavy parts.

This was the most talent I've seen under one roof at a karaoke night.  That's unusual.  By the end of the evening there were about 100 folks, and 10 had drop your jaw talent.  That was very refreshing.  Unfortunately I was one of the only dancers.  It's more fun when lots of folks dance.

The weird part of the night was that 2 of my acquaintances from past karaokes, sat at my table.  One is chronically suicidal, and the other always had a sad sack story.  In fact the one, he goes by "Reverend" was riding his bike to karaoke when he got hit by a jeep!  H was unconscious for an hour, but still shoed up!  I understand that spirit, in that one time in 2000 I was the vic. of a serious crime, but I didn't make a report because it meant I would have missed performer's coffeehouse.

Well, the whole night I'm suspecting he has a concussion but I don't want to play babysitter.  I had 2 bartenders and the bouncer keep an eye on him, but it was a downer to have him at my table, indeed!

Anywho, I sang:

car wash
funkytown
angel (arms of an)
in da club and
New York New York by Sinatra!  This went over very well and I got a standing ovation!

No comments: