Friday, May 18, 2012

"Like nails on a chalkboard"

For people with fibromyalgia or hearing disorders like myself there are many many sounds in modern society that are absolutely maddening.  One that I'm thinking of today is one that I have to listen to off and on 24 hours a day.  The death cough of Mountain Town.  That's what I'm naming it.  There are 3 men in my apt. bldg. with it, a few m.t. women with it, and you can hear it all over the library.  It is primarily coming from the men and it is a deafening loud cough that will make you absolutely cringe and or feel naucious.

I am awaken multiple times in the night from these men coughing, and I wonder if this is what it sounds like in a tuberculosis ward.

The one thing that these coughers have in common in most every case, is that they chain smoke.  Egads.  And perhaps even if they have made the connection that the smoking is what is causing it, they cannot stop.  Just one more sign of how unhealthy most modern day Americans are.

No comments: