Thursday, May 3, 2012

"Pay yourself first"

In 96/97 I was homeless, staying with David and Christine. David told me to "pay yourself first" No matter who you owe, how much you owe, or how little you make. So, that is EXACTLY what I do

. There is so much misery each month, and I do run out of money usually by about the 18th or so.. So, even if I'm just buying a few post cards, or fancy napkins, I can't wait until the beginning of each month!  My favorite way to pay myself first is to go to a nice restaurant.  I don't mean chic or expensive I just mean clean with good food.

On the first I went to the diner and ordered blueberry pancakes with chocolate milk. On the 2nd I went out to breakfast again and ordered a  bagel with lox flavored cream cheese AND actual lox, with a bohemian coffee. (coffee with chocolate and cinnamon).  On the 3rd , I went to brekkie at a place I had never been to before but a place that received RAVE  reviews on the food network.  

I ordered:

  Eggs Neptune Crab and muenster cheese=" Two poached eggs on an english muffin, topped with our hollandaise sauce served with a homemade buttermilk pancake or our signature country pancakes!"

Well, folks I've been "on vacation" for 2 days! Now, it's time to get back to the grindstone. I'll bet you are licking your chops as we speak!

No comments: