Thursday, May 17, 2012

"One of the things I do not like about mountain town"

There is a dog culture here that is totally ridiculous and out of hand.  You have so many dogs at the outdoor cafes and restaurants, that you wonder if there is even room for humans! I cannot take a walk on the sidewalks without worrying about getting hit by a bike, a skateboarder, having a dog run to the fence line to threaten me, or being directly threatened by a loose dog!

One of the worst dog related problems we have here, is that way too many bars, malls, coffee houses have signs on their windows stating that "dogs are welcome!"

I just walked into a shop today (that I have just added to my list of places not to patronize) where a dog jumped on me immediately.  I asked the owner to get his dog, and like most naieve dog owners said "oh, this dog is a good dog."  I really don't care, I should be able to move freely about a gallery or store without being followed or jumped on!  To top it off, the shop was filthy dirty with a thick layer of dust on the floor, all the products, and the dog covered with dust balls!  Yuk!

I am outnumbered with this issues, and do not believe there is much I can do to change Mountain Town culture in this regard, 'cept not go to those places again!

One of my more outrageous dog anecdotes, is that I was in the ladies room, in the stall, on the toilet, when a loose dog came into my stall!  Aaagghh!

No comments: