Saturday, May 26, 2012

"YOU want money from ME?"

Like Baltimore, the panhandlers are everywhere.  I met one man where he and his wife have made a career of panhandling.  He makes one to two hundred a day, his wife has made up to 300 a day!

But, please, I cannot believe you are asking me for money.  First of all, I am out of cash by about the 10th of the month, and the sheer fact that you panhandle makes it extremely likely that you are better off than me.

I do not carry cash by the way.

One woman who certainly needs to better her shtick, told me she needed bus money to get to the Wal Mart.

Excuse me, but if you don't have money for the bus then what exactly do you plan to buy at the wal mart?

Most of the time, the panhandlers, like the thousands who keep asking me if I am registered to vote, are getting the silent treatment from me.

Many are drunk which makes me feel unsafe in their presence.

Yesterday, when I crossed the street to avoid one, he followed me.  He called me a "racist ni##$%!"

 I've been called alot of things in my life, but this slur is the first.

No comments: