Thursday, May 24, 2012

"Since leaving MD"

I just tried, maybe, the 6th clinic, since I've been in Mountain Town.  I filled out alot of paperwork, waited the 3 weeks for the appt. , got in there just to be turned away, again.  I told her that I know that your clinic is the only one in town willing to prescribe opoids.

I said, I'd like to work part time, but who is going to hire someone who is grimacing in pain and can barely walk?  I just met "lucy" a patient of yours and she said that you are willing to take chronic pain patients.

She replied, "Actually, I don't have alot of experience with people who have serious cases of fibromyalgia like you do, and I hate to tell you this, but we just stopped prescribing opiods 2 months ago.  I'm going to have to refer you out.

Boy is this dismal I said.

The health care situation in this town is getting very bad she replied.  Especially with the state cuts.  But I will make a bunch of calls and see if I can get you the referals and practitioner that you need. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My big accomplishment each day is bathing and dressing.  I do leave the house each day, but walking is a big problem.  When I meet others living with this kind of pain they tell me that they don't even leave the house more than a couple of times a month!

No comments: