Tuesday, November 25, 2014

looking back at December the 10th 2007 / violence in Baltimore

 my letter to the editors of the Baltimore City Paper as well as the Baltimore Sun this is just a fragment of what my day to day life is like:

Here's what I heard on the news today ,a female named Miss Krieger was beatEnand nearly kill on the number 27 bus!

 kids were jumping in front of the seats telling her the seats are reserved.this sure does sound like a hate crime .

I'm thinking Kriegers got to be white but Baltimore will never admit to having an insipid and deeply entrenched problem with black on white racism

The next day on the news they stated that the beating is being investigated as a possible hate crime and I felt some relief. Dixon and Wiedenfelds comments to the public that the buses and public transit iare perfectlysafe is a blatant lie!  I would bet a great deal of money that neither one of them use public transit!

I've been writing about my terrifying, ongoing experiences at transit stops and on Baltimore strains and buses for 12 years. The Mass Transit Administration system has always been terrifying for me largelybecause I am a minority white female. And for the record so many college students complained about feeling unsafe with Baltimore public transit that something called the college town shuttle needed to be created .

it is a private system of buses and vans that now take only college students around Baltimore and between colleges.

I repeat the MTA is particularly dangerous for minority whites!

If you have the financial means you better drive your car sincerely Elena SNyder

No comments: