Thursday, November 27, 2014

the cancer questionand Thanksgiving with no family

My  throat is sore and it feels a little different than normal.my lungs feel weird and I have fairly severe chest pain. Since I have already decided that a breast cancer diagnosis would lead me down a palliative care paTh; I am probably going to have to go ahead and have the biopsy.

Of course I won't know all of this until I visit with my my primary care physician .  but my intuition is that I'm not going to be able to get palliative care unless I have the biopsy I also have a little bit of a bloody nose today I think I'm going to need some answers.

Left the house for two hours had a tough time deciding which of the free Thanksgiving things to do.

Ended up deciding to have the meal at a church instead of a bar because I don't like How dark bars 10 to beand I also knew that at the bar they were going to be playing a football game.

So the church today ended up delivering a significant amount of Thanksgiving meals however it was very low key inside the church and although there were steady amount of people coming in it wasn't overwhelming at all or crazy like it would be if I lived in a big city.

The food was cold but good. They gave me two meals to take home and after microwaving it I realize that it was probably the best free Thanksgiving food I had ever had.  mountain town is very tiny and I haven't been outside of it in nearly 4 years that can tend to be a little bit maddening. You know the circumstances under which I moved here were absolutely ridiculous and terrifying isn't it ironic that this has turned out to be such a good fit to my personality this friendly small and very sunny community.

Whenever I know that I'm going to be around lots and lots of Christians the way that I handle myself is that I simply state "I don't practice Christianity I practice a different religion and I prefer not to discuss that today!"

This serves me well when I know that I'm going to be the different one!

No comments: