Wednesday, November 26, 2014

make 7 dollars last for 5 days

so there isn't a lot of food in the house and I haven't had the wherewithal to go to the welfare office nor have I had the wherewithal to find the places that will give you a food box once every two months.

So today I had the challenge of making sure that my $7 last 45 days. Of course that is supposed to say for not four. So I bought two strawberry milk each with a dollar I went to the dollar store and I bought a box of raisins for $1 they didn't have any butter but they had sort of a butter margarine mix which funny I have not done for like maybe 30 years but that'll hold me over so I bought that and then I went to Wendys and I asked the clerk if they have a dollar menu?

She said yes we do I said well I don't see it could you point to it so she points and I said that is not a dollar menu. A man comes up behind her and says we don't have a dollar menu but I was able to find a cheeseburger for a dollar 12.

I was chatting with a family who is traveling for the holidays and who is originally from New Mexico we were complaining about how dirty the restaurant is and I told them that I only come to these places when I have just a dollar that I need to spend.

A man walks in he has a hard hat attached to his backpack tonight is supposed to be 25 degrees Fahrenheit I asked him if he work today and he said no he said he's looking for work. He was three tables away and I could smell the alcohol in his breath oh that's a big surprise cuz he is Native American Indian. Sadly he said that he's homeless and I said are you staying in the shelter he said no he's staying in the woods and I said well why won't you stay in the shelter you can freeze to death with these temperatures. He said no all you have to do is have faith and then you won't freeze to death and I said any human being can freeze to death in these temperatures. He said he was just looking for something to eat and I said well I don't have any money to give you why don't you at least get yourself a cup of water because we are after all at the Wendys and he said because I don't have a container to put the water in. I said will they have free cups here he said I don't need any water.

I said so how long have you been living in a tent he said I never told you I live in the tent! Since I've been living in the South West even though I'm in a very very cold region it's amazing to me there are reams of men homeless men who stay in the woods and don't even own a tent especially when we

No comments: