Friday, November 7, 2014

restaurant was cold as ice

yes temperature wise it was cold as ice as always however I'm talking about something else. This restaurant cafe is near where I live and it's been open for a year their reasoning for opening this restaurant is to try to convert people to Christianity. However I've never met more than two people in the restaurant that includes workers as well as customers who exuded any sort of friendliness. Nearly everyone I've ever encountered has had a personality that is cold as ice.

No I don't patronize this restaurant I only go in there in an emergency say I have no groceries or something like that. Tonight I went in there to give the restaurant owner a message for my friend who I know hangs out there and I lost his number.

A very cold woman asked me what I do for a living I told her that I'm out on disability but that I'm a social worker and a preschool teacher underwriter that's supposed to say and a writer.

She asked me about homelessness in mountain town. I'm proud to say that I was able to give her a detailed and highly accurate profile of what's going on but when she found out that I like to have been homeless she put her nose up in the air as far as it would go I could tell that her questions were forced and that she couldn't wait to get away from me.

The moment one of her girlfriends entered the restaurant she immediately left me without even excusing herself I left within the next 4 minutes saying goodbye to no one.

The incident reminded me of a documentary that I just watched for the for the second time entitled people like us social class in America. Much of this documentary was filmed in Baltimore and I saw it at a public showing an approximately 2000. I know that the reason why people don't want to discuss this and like to separate themselves is because they don't want to think that it could happen to them or could happen to just about anyone so I try not to take it personally when people are so rude like that.

No comments: