Thursday, September 20, 2007

"Boxing up my belongings"

I'm forced to put all my belongings in storage and interview for emergency shelter.  I can't cope with one more day at this apartment.  I'm basically "doubling as a security guard" for my life and my belongings.

  As I said, the officer last friday said that unless i put out a warrant for the arrest of the maintenance men, the thefts are going to continue. I told a few folks about this and they all had essentially the same response:

"Don't go to court, you'll put yourself at risk of retaliation"

 (that is why i haven't taken legal action thus far)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're finally getting out. Good Luck :)

elana r. snyder said...

i wish, but it's very complicated. I don't yet have a place to go, i'm just getting my belongings out. if i break my lease i lose a 700 dollar a month subsidy, a huge price to pay. my head is spinning, i hope to set up a second address so as not to lose my hud subsidy. wait. lists on other subsidized places are years and years long. thanks for commenting gwyne!