Wednesday, September 5, 2007

"Hey, you're kinda cute, are you single?!"/The month of September

About 10 years ago a psychic told me that MY month is September. Not much of a surprise to me in that it is my favorite North American month, since I love fall and the crisp clear blue sky. More specifically she said that if good things are going to happen to me in love and in money it will be in September.

I met my last boyfriend Gene, at a party on the last day of August 2004. Although we only "dated" for about 6 weeks, it did prove true that the relationship essentially started in September.

One of the healthiest work environments I've ever been in was the Young School which was in Columbia. They hired me as a Spanish teacher for preschoolers in 2000. The job started in September 2000.

So, carrying on here with my September theme, on the morning of September 1st (2007) I went to Brick Wall Pharmacy to pick up a few things. As I started to do some shopping it hit me that I forgot my debit card. I had 5 dollars in cash on me. As I put my stuff on the counter, I asked Andrea (my favorite cashier) to itemize for me.


  A very attractive man in front of me said to Amanda "just go ahead and ring up the entire order!" She said: "pardon me?" I was also baffled! He said "ring up the entire order!" I turned to the man and said: "don't worry sir, I live next door I can always go get my money." He smiled looked at the total and gave Amanda exact change! Amanda and I were stunned. It's the rare man whose looks make me look twice but his did. And even though it was only for five dollars and twelve cents, it made Amanda and I's day! Before we could snap our fingers the man was exiting the drug store. I yelled:

"HAPPY SEPTEMBER AND THANK YOU!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just discovered your blog and have read every entry for September. (I "googled" you after reading your little piece in "A Day's Work" in the new Urbanite.) October is my month--in a few days I'll turn 60--and I thought it'd be fun to start the month by giving you a couple of presents:

1) You have a new admirer, as I think you're a fabulous writer.

2) I really hope this month turns out to be a great one in your life.

They're not much, I know, but I wanted to get in touch and let you know you're appreciated. Thanks for being you.

elana r. snyder said...

Wow ;)

Unknown said...

Anonymous, urs is one of the most exciting comment I hav ever received on my writing! Thanx heaps (as they said in Australia)!