Tuesday, September 11, 2007

An Impressive Commercial

Have you all seen the United Way commercial? I just saw it today and thought: "wow!, that's powerful and that's exactly the way I think"

It showed a woman in the self check out aisle in the grocery store. Each time she scans an item, an automated voice comes on that says for example: "Four dollars and ninety nine cents, that's 1 hour at the minimum wage."

It continues like this and the woman looks distressed. The male voiceover says:

THIS IS WHAT LIFE IS LIKE FOR MILLIONS OF AMERICANS MAKING LESS THAN 21 THOUSAND DOLLARS A YEAR

Bravo, I say. Now although the United Way is not one of my favorite charities, I'm always pleased at any device that communicates the message of what poverty is like.

Have you seen the commercial?

No comments: