Friday, September 7, 2007

"Blood test results"

 I was worried that my Lyme Disease was progressing rapidly, so I  had a bunch of blood tests done.

albumin level was low

  No surprise really. in that I've incurred years and years of severe malnourishment and severe food shortages.   My lyme disease test came back as negative.

  Are you confused? There are different camps of thinking on Lyme. Some believe that even when a blood test shows up negative you may still have Lyme. My current doctor adamantly disagrees with that and says that I absolutely do not have lyme disease.

I am borderline anemic, so I should increase my iron levels. 

  My B12 is normal, that was a surprise.

  My thyroid was normal and that was a surprise.

  There is an auto immune test that they do that is called ANA and I can not remember what those letters stand for. It was positive and that isn't good, but my Dr. is not worried.

Regarding the terror  over my nerve damage and the fact that my limbs have 24/7 pins and needles, numbness and frequent falling asleep, my doctor wants me to see a neurologist.

 He said he can't make predictions such as whether or not I'd end up in a wheelchair, and doesn't want me to worry, but to have the neurologist look into the ANA thing further, so I can find out the source of the nerve damage, which I assumed was the Lyme, since it is a Lyme symptom.

This is the best health care I've had in 20 years, and it's been a long time coming. I'll keep you informed on the outcome of my upcoming appointment with the neurologist.

No comments: