Tuesday, September 11, 2007

"Why I keep truckin'"

One of the biggest reasons that I keep trucking is because of the uniqueness of my homelessness survival story and my burning desire to share it with the world. I have a feeling that the telling of the story somehow is going to pull me up and out of poverty.

  I just found a 10 page letter that I wrote to a friend while I was homeless, detailing my 4 hour round trip bus commute to my part time job at goodwill and the last 3 shelters I had stayed in. I read this letter and thought, I've got to get this story to Hollywood somehow.

  I asked my friend, an English professor,  how realistic he thinks it is that Hollywood would want my story? I read him the letter, and he said that it is highly realistic to think that Hollywood would want it, it perfectly encapsulates the day to day life of a homeless person.

I know that a story has to be put into screenplay form before it can be pitched to Hollywood. I have to contact Augusten Burroughs and ask him how long he had to wait to get paid for the movie rights that he sold to Hollywood for his book: "RUNNING WITH SCISSORS"

I plan to get back on Craigs List and see if there are any screen play writers who would want to partner with me............................

No comments: