Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Take The Greyhound"

Of course I've seen Jodie Foster in many flicks.    I'm pretty certain that she is 44 like me. Anyhow, I saw the part of the trailer were she is on the subway and a guy with a gun and a guy with a knife threatens to kill her. I thought, "Oh, just like my life here in Baltimore, don't need to see that movie"

  My friend Dan said that he was on the subway train here in Baltimore when a gang surrounded him and unsuccessfully tried to steal his wedding band"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

story 2/the bookstore

A customer heard me telling Andrew* the barista about my day on the bus.

  Another customer finding the conversation interesting had this to say:

 "I took a bus ONCE!  It was 20 years ago in Florida. I was visiting my best friend down there and she had to drive me to the Greyhound station. The driver warned my friend of how dangerous and scary the Greyhound would be, and that the station they are driving too is also very dangerous.

  My girlfriend pulled a gun out from under the driver's seat of her car to  show me how she protects herself. (the woman relaying the story to me said that she had no idea that her best friend carries a gun!)

Anyhow, the woman relaying the story, we'll call her Mary, said to her best friend: "I'm sure riding the Greyhound won't be a big deal, I'll just read a book and not make eye contact!"

I smile, realized that something crazy is coming in this woman's story. Mary said that she sat in the front of the bus in the handicapped seats and buried her head in a book. Suddenly a woman starts yelling:

OH GOD, OH FUCK, OH MY FUCKING GOD

Mary looks up from her book to see that a male passenger has pulled his penis out and is peeing in the aisle!

No comments: