Friday, September 7, 2007

On "Getting There" and trying for a better life

There are two Baltimore programs where if you jump through lots and lots of hoops and are on Social Security Disability and meet lots of other qualifications you can ride taxis anywhere in Baltimore for a 3 dollar one way fare. I tried for two years to get into this program with no luck, but I tried again today, and I think I've got a real good shot this time.

This could really better my life.  With the buses being so exhausting, and the streets being so dangerous, I rarely get to travel outside of a 6 mile radius. Additionally, there have been thousands of jobs I couldn't get because I didn't have "reliable transportation."

These taxis are very reliable and could really better my chances of being able to get and maintain meaningful work.

Wish me luck!

No comments: