Tuesday, June 3, 2008

part 3 la pew update and studley

So, most white people would call it sexual harrassment. unwanted touch, unwanted comments on your body, your appearance, your walk, etc.

But there has been a very positive update in this dept. About 6 months ago, I told studley, "you are going to learn my real name!" I drilled it into him, until he began to address me as "elana" Although, he also addresses me as "girlfriend" or "pretty girl" i know that it is harmless affection. We now rib each other, you know, good natured teasing. Now that I realize that he is not a pimp (i was certain that he was because of how he dresses) I'm alot more comfortable. He has heard me sing, and goes on and on about how he wants to go do karaoke with me...........

He sits in the lobby and drinks openly infront of me because he knows I'm not going to judge him. He asked me (in front of a resident i'm not comfortable with) what i think of inter racial dating.........i didn't answer that time, but the next time i see him, i'll answer honestly.

It's freeing to know that there is finally someone I can be myself with, be honest about race issues, and not feel like I'm walking on eggshells!

The new custodian had also been sexuallly harrassing me as well, but he's just been fired because he doesn't really clean much of anything.

1 comment:

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

Inter racial dating issues.....hmmmm.....


Thanks for your visit, maybe check the forums about uploading photos. It's painless! Although I post from flickr, you can upload the photos directly to blogger much easier.