Thursday, June 12, 2008

"The Tardive Dyskinesia update"

The symptoms continued for over a week. They were just about 24/7. Then the number of hours each day that i was symptomatic, lessened. So the symptoms were almost completely gone by 3 days ago.

I've only been sleeping a few minutes each night. The only thing that helps me get caught up when I get into severe sleep deficit mode is Amitryptaline. Talk about a double edged sword. I took 60 milligrams 3 nights ago, and slept for 12 hours straight thru. I probably haven't done that more than a handful of times in my whole life; slept thru like that. Needless tosay the symptoms have worsened again (the t. dyskinesia symptoms) solely because i took it the one night.

My friend Dan said that there is a significant difference between brand name and generic in terms of what they do to the body. He suggested I talk to my doc. about trying the brand name "elavil" as opposed to the generic "amitryptaline" He suspects I won't have those wicked side effects with the elavil.

I'll keep you informed on that.

(p.s. I'd be blogging daily if i owned a computer, but you already know that don't you?)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wanted to know if by any chance you would be interested in doing an unbiased review of our product.

If you agree we will send you a product sample so that you can try it and then write a review about it.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Thank you