Thursday, June 12, 2008

possible new "series" for my site/"things that move me to tears"

Whether they are tears of laughter, or tears of joy, I'm considering adding a new segment to my website entitled "things that move me to tears" (p.s. I am very mushy, sensitive and emotional)

One thing that moved me tears this week, was this particular Oprah show (a rerun that I've seen before) this time I only watched the first 10 minutes of it, but I had to see this one girl again. She reminds me sooooooooo much of me. It's the episode where Oprah features young people who've been told that "you only have 5 years to live" and things of the sort.

(have you seen it? the one guy has become famous for what is called "the last lecture")

Anyhow, the girl that reminds me of me in many ways: she is mid 20's with a rare form of cancer. Gorgeous, FULL of life. She videotapes segments of her day to day life and cries on camera or talks about whatever she is feeling. She says "this" is my pharmacy! She shows you the produce section of whole foods market and lets you watch as she picks out medicine and tells you why she is choosing that food.

As part of her therapy, she's decided to do something that I was doing for months but haven't done in a long time.

She:

Dances to one song per day!

Dances around her apt. etc. etc.

Anyhow, the cancer hasn't worsened, although it's there, she does not feel sick and is living a full life where she has decided that she does not "equal" her cancer.

Bravo dear lady, kudos to you......................................................

No comments: