Monday, June 18, 2012

"The Dumbing down of America"

Like I said, EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING IS A GRUELING STRUGGLE.  A good part of that is because the society has  completely broken down. 

I can't seem to buy even one item anywhere, without there being some kind of mix up, or overcharge, or something.  It's just as bad in Mountain Town as it was in Baltimore.

So, I know from past experience that Shawntelle* is a real stupid young woman from my prior interactions with her.

She's in the diner alone, and I attempt to buy a pack of gum from her.

Me-How much is this gum?

Her-I don't know.

Me-Well can't you find out?!

Her-Well, I guess its a dollar and a 1/2 because that's how much the candy is.

Me-Can't you find someone in the back to ask?

Her I guess so.

She goes to the back, some guy  comes up front.  he says he thinks it's a buck.

Me-Is there tax?

Her-I don't know

Me-Are you going to sell me this gum?

Her-I don't know

Me-ok, here is a buck ten, are you going to let me have the gum?

HER I GUESS SO!


OMG PEOPLE!  EXACTLY HOW LOW HAVING HIRING STANDARDS BEEN LOWERED?!  I SEE PEOPLE LIKE HER IN MANAGERIAL POSITIONS EVERY DAY!

No comments: