Saturday, June 30, 2012

"My approach to your "broken leg"

In the last year or so I have begun to take a completely different approach to my interactions with people who have just injured themselves.  They are, for example, in a, cast, crutches, sling whatever.  I will talk to you for a half hour, and you just want to tell me all about your injury., but I never bother to ask you why you are in this condition.

Why?  Because people like myself with largely invisible disabilities, like arthritis, lyme, fibromyalgia and nerve damage am in excruciating 24/7 pain and you never ask ME about it because i have no obvious "bandage"

If you just injured one body part, and in a month you will be all better-then you have absolutely no idea how we suffer and I'm sure you won't ask, either.

No comments: