Sunday, August 19, 2007

Customer Dis-service/public housing antics

The worry about my belongings being stolen, and the worry that I'm going to come "home" and find someone in my home is really hurting my health. I feel so powerless. It's not unusual for me to call the chatline (mentioned in an earlier post) and just "vent" or ask people what they would do if they were in my shoes.

Some say, "take matters into your own hands if staff and the cops don't care. One said, how about the city councilperson can they help you?

So, I left a message on the Governor's machine since I really don't know which branch does what. I told him how unsafe it is and how we aren't allowed to change the locks, and what other branches of government can help me? I just left that message a few days ago. I've written to the I-team/ channel 11 before with no response. HUD hasn't helped me.

So, today I called "hearty locks" In my experience 95% of humans are lousy communicators, and lousy listeners. I frequently wonder how these people even keep a job down. I asked her for an estimate and she said: I don't know. She said, well the trip to your house will cost 39 and the installation 45 and the locks range in price from 40 to 90, according to which lock you want. I told her like 3 times how important it is to not park on my property since I'm not allowed to be changing the locks. The first 2x she just blew right over my request not hearing me. Finally she heard me and assured me that he will park on crimson street instead of coming into my parking lot. (our building has heavy surveillance and cameras so this needs to be done discreetly)

O.k. So the idiot calls me and says he's downstairs. HIS VAN IS PARKED IN MY PARKING LOT! BLOCKING THE ENTIRE ENTRANCE OF THE BLDG! HE OPENS UP THE BACK OF THE TRUCK RIGHT THERE BLOCKING EVERYTING, PUTS A BOX OF DOOR LOCKS ON THE SIDEWALK WHERE EVERYONE CAN SEE! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS! English is not his first language which complicates matters further. I say: THE REASON WHY I.......

MAN: YEAH YEAH YEAH WELL I HAVE NO CHOICE (he snaps) I CAN'T CARRY ALL OF THIS!

I explain about the heavy surveillance and how I"m not allowed to change them. Silence. He ignores me. I'm very uncomfortable with him and consider cancelling the job right there..........

We go upstairs and he quotes me a price that is about 50 dollars more than what the clerk said. So I said, then I don't want it. He ignores me calls the office and tells me I need to speak to their clerk. I do. She's arguing with me telling me I am wrong. I tell her "forget it, i don't want it it's not what you quoted. HEARTY LOCK man begins to leave. 10 minutes later the hearty lock receptionist calls my home again. I say hello, and when I recognize her voice I hang up on her.

I try to report this experience to ANGIES LIST. angieslist.com is where you can find reputable service providers or make negative reports. But it turns out that you have to join to do that and pay some fee, which I didn't want to do.

Terry lent me her car today, so I tried to run errands. America is totally broken. Everything from clerks ALWAYS making a mistake on your order to broken credit card machines, every single aspect of society feels broken and everybody is so angry. From morning to night, nothing ever gets done properly.

Does anyone else find that NOTHING WORKS in our society? So many things go wrong each day that I fear people will think Im making it up.

Do you also experience our society as broken at most every level?

15 years ago I had a college textbook called CRISIS IN AMERICAN INSTITUTIONS. It's so amazing and timeless. I hope to buy the most current copy it was so amazing.

No comments: