Thursday, August 30, 2007

Filipino Festival/It sure feels good to sing again

It happened about 3 months ago. There was a karaoke machine right next to the opening ceremony booth, which was a shame, because the karaoke performers wouldn't have been able to hear themselves sing.

Just as F. Fest began, it started to rain. I took refuge at a library nearby. After about an hour and a half I headed back to the festival. I went down a largely obscured side road of the festival.

Much to my surprise there was a stand of sorts totally devoted to Karaoke. I performed 2 songs then excused myself to find the outhouse! Well, by golly, one of the festival heads said something very exciting to me; "Hurry back Elana, we really could use your help with entertainment!" When I got back, I guess all together I did about 12 songs. I thought to myself that they are giving me too much preferential treatment, something I am not accustomed to.

There was a sound booth there, for 10 dollars you can cut a demo! Boy it sure was good to perform again.....................That is what I am meant to be doing.

No comments: