Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Global Warming is very real to me

I saw "An Inconvenient Truth" 3 times and also, ironically, saw Al Gore on the Oprah show yesterday, because I was at home due to the heat!

The last 15 years are the hottest 15 years on record for the world, with s.dakota at 122 degrees! Today, and yesterday I had a hard time breathing. The reason I'm here at the Towson public library as opposed to the Goucher library is because I don't have a car, and the walk to the goucher library is nearly impossible on this 100 degree day.

Yesterday, on the O. show, they showed an Alaskan village where the residents have had to be relocated due to global warming. Their entire village is falling into the sea. Also, Gore showed on the maps how millions of people all over the world, their land will get swallowed up by the sea. San. Fran, Manhattan, and Florida are some of the examples.

I'd really like to live in CA but we can't choose a place anymore based on climate because we don't know what's going to happen. The extreme number of wildfires is also because of global warming.

Luckily, Gore showed 5 things each American can do to make a huge difference. I'm betting it's listed at www.oprah.com

No comments: