Thursday, June 11, 2009

"A Girl Named Rebecca"

Last week I was hanging out at a new coffee shop called "The French Press" A girl biked by and I thought she looked like someone I knew. I wondred if it was. Anyhow she came into the shop and I was struck and how much she looked like me. She's 19 and could pass as my daughter with the thick curly dirty blonde long hair and blue eyes. She sat her backpack down and I saw an engraving "Becky!"

I told her that's my name too. (My middle name) She's a voice and piano major and dances in a swing club. She came into the cafe in part to practice on their piano. She let me join in and we did some wonderful harmonizing. There was only one piece of sheet music that i didn't know well, all the rest of her music i knew and just loved. So we sang:

"Allelujah"
"One of US"
"Country Road" (James Taylor)
"Angel"

I can't recall who does what but we did McLaughlin and Jewel, 2 of my fave artists..........................

(Did you know that my parents forced me to study piano for 5 years?)

Many years later I took it up of my on "a chord!" at Catonsville Community College and studied it as an elective but never got very good at it......................................

No comments: