Saturday, June 27, 2009

"I Miss My Music C.D.'s"

A few months after moving into La Pew, in '05/'06 I had to put all of my c.d.'s in storage. That was the saddest thing for me to part with. But I knew it was too risky keeping "valuables" like that in the apt. Most of my c.d's are unsigned artists who at some point I got to meet face to face.

Yesterday, for the first time in my whole life, I checked c.d's out of the library. I haven't had an opportunity to listen to all of them yet, but out of the ones I've gotten as taste of, I'll tell you here what I thought about them.

"The Wiz" (I've never actually seen this musical and was only familiar with a couple of tunes like "ease on down the road"

I didn't listen to the entire 2 c.d. package but out of the ones I heard there were a few I just loved and some that I wasn't so excited about. I just loved "lubricate me!" by the tin man!

"Rush" in Rio (I haven't listened to it yet, but they are one of my favorite groups out of the few hundred favorite groups that I have)

"Carly Simon" "Moonlight Serenade" (Haven't heard it yet, but carly's always been one of my faves)

"Steve Miller Band" "Young Hearts" (haven't heard it yet, but Miller band is one of my faves)

"India Arie" "Testimony Volume 1-Life and Relationship" Listened to the entire album. I had her a few of India's tunes on the radio and just fell in love with her. I feel she's a wonderful, wonderful role model especially for African American women. The sultry voice and the spiritual lyrics are filled with wisdom that is far beyond India's years. I don't know her actual age, but one of the songs she wrote at 29, she spoke of everything she's learned. Some of the ideas I recall from her songs were:

"I've learned to love myself and not wait for external validation"
"It don't cost nothing to smile, you don't have to pay to laugh"

She spoke of a blind man she met in Brazil who could see the light brighter than anyone she had ever met. He felt joy and peace with his life and was happiest when making music.

"ALABAMA" "16 bIGGEST HITS" This c.d. is remarkable. I'm very moved by ALABAMA'S music and always have been. I'd give this c.d. a 10 on a scale from 1-5, 5 being the highest!

"THE VERY BEST OF 60'S GOLD"

wow! Heaps of my faves from childhood.....................I also give this c.d. the thumbs up!

No comments: