Friday, June 12, 2009

"I just love this little town!"

I love it much more than I expected. Despite my bad personal circumstances I feel this little town could be a very healing place for me. Like I said, I hate the weather/climate but I no longer dread driving or going out to public places. I haven't had any problems with road rage, nobody walks into me in the grocery store like I'm invisible, I have random pleasant conversations in all of the shops, everybody is so warm and open.

Shocking stuff happens all the time here. For example, yesterday, in the cafe 2 out of control little kids thought it would be funny if they block the door and don't let one of the customers out. The customer treated it like it was a game and engaged the children in positive play and dialogue, for example she asked them what is the secret passcode so she can get out?! It was about 4 minutes before they let her out, she laughed and seemed to be in NO HURRY!

I don't recall ever living anywhere where there is such a high level of humanity, consideration and kindness.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know how to put together the hand pump for the air mattress so I'm still sleeping on the floor. My trac phone costs 33 cents a minute and att can't get me a landline for at least a week. So, I'm pretty cut off. My car needs another 440 worth of work, and is only safe to drive short distances. The same person who helped me with the prior repair will be helping me with this one. I'm getting by by the skin of my teeth. Since I have no t.v. or phone I usually try to go to sleep at sundown, and I leave the house no later than 10 a.m. in the morning.

I'M A TRUE COUNTRY GIRL NOW!

No comments: