Monday, June 22, 2009

"Now THAT'S Hard to Believe!"

Last night around 11 p.m. I discovered one of my medicine bottles was missing! I spent about 2 hours looking for it, which is a bit much given that I only have 2 rooms and a kitchen. I was up all night worrying about this and creating theories on who it is, how they got in etcetera. The only people who come and go from the complex that don't live here are the kids of the old folks. There's one suspected drug dealer, but I have no reason to believe he broke in.

There's even a chance that one of my neighbors might have taken it when he was in my place for 10 minutes, but with me present.

Today I noticed that my doorknob is somewhat crushed, damaged. Yet, the deadbolt shows no signs of having been tampered with. I've been hiding one of my meds all along but not this particular one because I don't know that it has any street value. So, I'm probably still heaps safer than I was at La Pew; but this does change things. I guess I'll have to make a police report tonight.

In the meantime I can't get a refill because the thief stole the last 7 days worth, therefore I'm not due to get a refill for another week..................................................

I will also report the burglary to management. I haven't noticed anything else missing, and I just hope that I don't have to totally stop acquiring things like I did at La Pew. I'd really like to get a computer for example and maybe a t.v. at some point!

No comments: