Wednesday, June 10, 2009

"The good, the bad, and the ugly"

Well folks, here I am in Carroll County. I've always found the natural beauty of Carroll County to be stunning. C.C. has taught me a surprising lesson. Not all humans are completely selfish, ugly, bastards that can't be trusted! In fact, every store I've been in, the clerks and the customers smile, ask me if i need help, and sometimes even stop to talk. Today when I was in Dunkin Donuts a customer smiled and said "good morning how are you"

"terrific! wanna know why i'm terrific? because today is my second day in c.c. and the people here are wonderful. and you just smiled and greeted me, and that would never happen where i just moved from!"

Now, when I arrived on Sunday I found a pretty ugly surprise waiting for me. A couple from my church wanted to donate a futon and bed to me. I told them that I'd take it only if they are very clean. The husband brought a filthy dirty futon covered with cat fur, and a stained mattress which i suspect is infected with bed bugs into my apt. They damaged my new carpeting and even brought fleas into my apt. So, I'm less than pleased, in fact I'm pretty angry about that. HOw do you donate dirty shit to people? That's senseless!

So, I've slept on the floor the last 3 nights which is particularly painful when you already have fibromyalgia. But the property is stunning. I have no one above me or below me. I have a little front yard where I'm allowed to have a garden, hang and plant and even a flag. My minutes are about ready to run out, but I'll go sign up for another 60 minutes so I can give you all the dirt on the last 48 hours or so................................................

No comments: