Friday, June 5, 2009

"Out of La Pew by Sunday"

Shwew! I've spent the last 22 nights in Mt. Washington. I handed my published urbanite article to this "elderly man" Jack (he told me he'd kill me if I called him elderly on my blog!) who I met at the JCC computer room. He asked me if life is still like that for me. I said, similar but not identical. That's when he offered me to crash on his sofa. Ironically after he took me in I ended up having to do the very things I talked about in the Urbanite article. Hitchike, use the free phone at whole foods, use the free phone @ Wachovia and basically live between 2 places where there is no public transit connecting the 2 addresses.

I'm really going out with a bang at La Pew. I was without my car for 12 days. After I got it back yesterday someone tried to tear my front license plate off my car. Someone broke into my apt. and stole my cd/tape player, and lined up 2 pills on my bedroom floor, perfectly evenly. The pills were half blue/half green.

I'm at the point where I'm terrified to be at La Pew even during daylight hours, especially alone. So I'll probably leave stuff behind just to get out of there.

I'll have no landline at my new place, at least not immediately. That will make me crazy. Having some very frightening contraindications from one of my meds. I've had it before too. Last year I had 2 weeks straight of tardive dyskinesia. That is where you have uncontrolled movements of your mouth and tongue. Very scary. I don't know which med is causing it.

My new place is on a busy noisy road, but I might be able to transfer at some point to another part of the complex that doesn't face the main road.........................................I'm beginning to feel a little bit more restored with the fact that I haven't had to sleep at La Pew in 3 weeks.

Jack and I don't have real compatible personalities but he has really been very nurturing given that I am a stranger. He even asks me each night if I've eaten (I always say yes) with the idea that if I haven't hell go get me something from a restaurant.

He'll doubly kill me for this but you guys know I have a wicked sense of humor............................. Does that make him a

SUGAR GRANDADDY?!

No comments: