Wednesday, June 24, 2009

"Sing Along With Sam!"

What shall Elana do for her birthday?! Why, sing along with sam, of course. The advertisement here at the library stated that one needs to be AT LEAST 3 YEARS OLD! to attend! I think I'll pass for at least 3. Turns out that many newborns snuck in!

Sing along with Sam is a brief live music interactive show for kids. About 100 people showed up! That's one of the biggest turn outs I've ever seen for a library event anywhere.

"Good morning boys and girls." "I love to sing (he plays guitar too) but singing alone makes me feel lonely. I'd like to know if you'd help me out?!"

YEAH! the kids shouted.

"I didn't hear you! Can you say that louder?!"

YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!" The kids shouted in their loudest voices.

"I'm going to draw a picture, and I'd like you to tell me what it is!" He draws what looks like eyes, or maybe even women's breasts! I think it's best not to yell "WOMEN'S BREASTS!" A child yells EYES!

Sam keeps drawing. It's beginning to come together for us. I realize it's a bus. Oh, I think: the first song we're going to sing is "The wheels on the bus!"

IT'S A BUS!" a kid yells.

All together now!

the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round the wheels on the bus go round and round all thru the town!

what else does a bus have? sam asks.

WIPERS! i shout.

YES WIPERS!

THE WIPERS ON THE BUS GO SWISH SWISH SWISH

SWISH SWISH SWISH

SWISH SWISH SWISH

THE WIPERS ON THE BUS GO

SWISH SWISH SWISH

ALL THROUGH THE TOWN

---------------------------------------------------------------------------\\

OLD MC DONALD HAD A FARM

EE EYE EE EYE OH

AND ON THAT FARM HE HAD A

COW

EE EYE EE EYE OH

WITH A MOO MOO HERE AND A ................................................

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ANIMAL, SAM ASKED

A PLATYPUS

I said

I quickly realize that i don't know what sound a platypus makes, so that idea quickly gets filed away

well you get the idea

we also sang

bingo

the eensy weensy spider

head shoulders knees and toes

if you're happy and you know it

STOMP YOUR FEET!

No comments: