Saturday, June 13, 2009

"I'd say the glass is half full"

Well, I have no landline, my cell costs .33 a minute, I have no safe car to drive til Tuesday, I have no t.v. My toilet overflowed last night and flooded my bathroom part of my hallway and a little bit of my bedroom. The noise from the road makes to tough to sleep..............................

But the glass is 1/2 full because I just love C.County. I'm comfortable in public places I'm comfortable going shopping, etc. To say that Baltimore is the wrong fit for my personality is the understatement of the year.

The reason I don't have a landline yet is because since my credit score is low ATT wants a security deposit. I offered to pay it by debit/credit card over the phone but they don't take credit cards. Only money orders. And you can't just send the money. I have to wait for them to mail me an application form. I have to fill it out, then mail them a money order for 50 dollars. But I can't get my mail because the manager doesn't have a key that will work on my mailbox. She says I have to go to the post office and have them come out and change the lock. They can't do that until at least next Tuesday. So, It will be at least tues or weds before I can check my mail. Once I check my mail I can send the 50. But only if I haven't used up the 50 on my .33 a minute trac phone.

There's only enough hot water to fill about 1/4 of a bathtub. It's this whole "living green" thing. Energy saving appliances and such. But I discovered today that you have to wait 10 or 15 min. then more hot water comes and you can fill the tub 1/2 way.

None of my 4 windows in my apt. will open. I hear that none of the women can get there windows open. A fire trap and a violation of housing code which is not acceptable to me. I will get that resolved soon.

last night my toilet overflowed. I had to knock on my next door neighbor's door and ask to use her phone. I sensed that she doesn't like me because of the trash that the couple from my church left at my apt. (the futon and the bed that were filthy and that i had to put on my porch so the husband can come and tow it away as promised but didn't do) So, I knock on the neighbor's door and she's angry that I'm asking to use her phone. She's rolling her eyes and sighing as I'm in this endless conversation with the emergency personnel for my flood. The clerk wants to keep me on the phone and ask me 100 questions I told her I had to go and take care of the flood, so just hurry up and send someone. She can't she says, she has more questions. So I said "well I'm calling 9-1-1 then"

I called the fire dept. and they came out after about 1/2 hour. They turned off the water and said that I have a busted valve. Emergency staff from my apt. complex never showed. I saw a neighbor sitting on his porch whom I've never met, who is in his 70's. He lent me a mop, that really didn't work at all to soak up the water, a bucket and a plunger. I decided not to plunge right away.

After the fire dept. left I went and sat on Christopher's porch with him for about an hour. He brought me iced tea and told great stories. This is what I love about caroll county. This open ness and willingness to make new friends. People have time to just shoot the breeze.

I don't even take porch sitting for granted...........................................I take nothing for granted.

No comments: