Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Looking back at First Blog Post 4//2007

Welcome to my first blog site! 2 nights ago, i was so desperate to get away from the chaos and noise of my neighborhood and bldg. that I checked into the inn. I've only been here a little over 24 hours and I feel like a different person. You see I live in a gov't subsidized bldg, where I just found out that that funky smell making it's way into my apt. is my neighbor's crack/cocaine.

At home I hear dogs barking around the clock, one of the neighbors uses woofers so my walls shake from the stereo.  Police don't seem to care about noise pollution even though it is torture.  The tenants scream and yell constantly even in ordinary conversations.

 Did I mention that the maintenance men are regularly stealing from us? Yes, I've found the following missing. Clothes, dishes, silverware, food, can opener, cookware, tapes, and money just to give you the tip of the iceberg on what life was like here.

 I am desperate for a better life, and waited 11.5 years to get into subsidized housing which i was sure would help me climb out of poverty.  I never dreamed I'd have to live in fear.  Checking into the "inn"  for a couple of days is a first step toward clearing my head, and hopefully finding a better life for myself somehow!

No comments: