Monday, June 30, 2014

"bye bye miss american pie"

from the chevy to the levee and this will be the day that I die.  After yet another "death scare" and what looked like yet another close call and things calmed down, I heard the American pie lyrics in my head.

I thought to myself on sat. morning that this not the way I want to die, and It is not safe for me to live alone.

First of all I awoke at about 6 a.m. unable to breathe.  The liquid came up to block off my airway.  I ran outside hoping that cool air would help.  I wheezed real loud for quite a while with very little air making it in.  For the next 3 hours my throat and mouth were burning a and you have that horrible taste and I was audibly wheezing very very loud due to the liquid in there.  Today I am still having a hard time breathing and started on advair but i'm not sure how to use it.

But the morning was a picnic compared to what was to come at 11 a.m.  I woke up freezing cold, like being naked in the snow.  My muscles were very taut, I was shaking violently, and my teeth were chattering so fast I could not have spoken if I wanted to.  I ran in to the bathroom, ran the hot shower and stayed iin there for the sauna effect.  It didn't work.

Even if I call 911 I can't speak so what good would it do.  I put on a coat and a hat and shoes and unlocked the door in case the ambulance crew needed to come in.

At about 12:30 I fell asleep, then woke up at 1:30.  My past experience with e.r.'s you know a little about because I have blogged about it.

On the one hand, I don't want to die in this manner, but on the other hand, the hospital will review me and tell me they have no idea what's going on.

When I woke up I felt like my fever was 103.  I was sweating and burning hot and weak from the ordeal.  I can't figure out how to use the thermometer I got from frys.

I have no money for a taxi, but if I call ambulance I wasted over 1k in resources, and getting home will be nearly impossible.

I thought it was related to a med. I'm on however my orthopedist told me today that she thinks that an infection is coming on and my body was trying to fight it.  She recommended I alert my primary are physician.

No comments: