Tuesday, June 24, 2014

"Dumbing down of America/trust nobody"

Remember the other day when the clinician entered the apt in backwards and I ended up paying the price for that?  Someone called me to tell me that I missed my apt!

I forgot to tell you about this other screw up.

Well due to my expecting nearly everyone to be incompetent, I did the following.  I walked in my rent, in person.  I told the receptionist that I was going to watch her while she date stamps it so that I don't get any late fines.

I also said to her (again because of my lack of trust) "now, where is the best place to put this rent for mary?"  "Should we put it in her mail slot or do you think it would be best to put it on her desk"

She said to me "Put it in her mail slot"

Four days later I get this voice mail ELANA WE NOTICED THAT YOU HAVEN'T PAID YOUR RENT THIS MONTH!

The long and short of it folks is this: they say that happy people are people who feel in control of their circumstances.  Need I say more?!

No comments: