Monday, April 29, 2013

"Brutal brutal conditions"

Agency a. who runs my old apt. said that a new place had opened up for me where i would have my own place.  They never gave me a moving day or made any plans to bring me boxes or physically help me move.  So, penniless, wracked with pain, and 10 hours sleep a month in this dangerouos situation i have been living just minute to minute. 

Agency B said that i can't move into new place til a. gives the go ahead which they never did.

b asked a to get a motel voucher for me because unless i prove i'm homeless i cannot move to the new place.

never heard word about a ever having come up with the voucher apparently they didn't.  So, i'm just hanging minute by minute and getting tons of mixed messages. 

I had roughly 4 person from a. tell me one thing and then b. telling me the opposite.

a. told me to head over to the homeless shelter.  since it was last minute i had no change of clothes or any idea of how to get there.

i told b. that i was on my way to shelter and they told me not to go.

a. told me to pay for the motel myself in lieu of a voucher.  this was a higher up saying this, and i knew it was against the rules.  the rules are that an outside agency has to pay for the motel but nobody ever made the arrangements.

i was told i had to go to some new appt. with some new employee on a thursday, but b. implied that if i go to THAT meeting, i will lose the apt.

I arrived at the bus stop for the shelter and an acquaintance recognized me and walked me there.  it was nearly a 2 mi. walk.  you know i'm in excruc. pain that never goes away and the problems with my feet are so severe now that i limp the pain is so bad.

I was told to go in the fenced area kinda like a prison courtyard.  Folks have to wait outdoors sometimes for more then an hour.  Frequently the climate is brutal here but not today.  I knew this was going to be traumatic and i implored the 2 agencies to get me into the motel so i would not have to endure any more trauma.  Well, no one could get there act together so i figured i better go to shelter.

I waited outside for more then an hour breathing alot of second hand smoke since they do allow smoking in courtyard.  Isee 2 acqauintances, and i know alot of these homeless mountain town folks.  part 2 coming in a few minutes

No comments: